When not programming, you’ll usually find me in front of a TV playing a videogame or 2 (or on a couch with my vita or 3ds or something to kill time). Believe it or not but I am also into breakdancing as a hobby. I always try to find time to hang out at Massive Monkees’ “The Beacon” over at Downtown Seattle to work on this special skill of mine 🙂
Early Life, Education and Experience
I grew up living in the Philippines for pretty much my entire life. I went to school there, made lots of friends, visited all sorts of places, that kind of stuff. I graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and worked for the IT company Zeniark for 4 and half years as a web developer. My Zeniark experience consisted of:
- Building PHP-powered websites for clients (from design to development to production and support)
- Creation and support for web-based, in-house applications
- Managing web hosting accounts (domain management as well as other miscellaneous duties such as setting up FTP accounts, email, installing SSL certificates, etc)
- Setting up and configuring Virtual Dedicated Servers (running both Windows Server and CentOS)
- Assuming the Programming Team Lead position where I get to manage tasks for co-developers, be part of the hiring process for new programmers and get to communicate with clients (together with the Project Manager) regarding projects and requirements.
I migrated to the US with my fiancée last January 2013 and got married a month later.
|May 2013 – Present||PGI Auto Bothell, WA|
|June 2008 – January 2013||Zeniark, LLC Clark, Philippines|
|Programming Team Lead|
|November 2007 – March 2008||Digital Infostructure Makati, Philippines|